Healthy Rips Vaporizers

iDevAffiliate

Wednesday, November 03, 2021

Admitting you need help the first step in addiction recovery

Beating addiction is never easy, it takes a lot of hard work to stay clean and sober. I was addicted to opioids for 10 years to help me sleep after suffering post traumatic stress disorder when I tried to revive my disabled son, Logan, when I went to wake him up from a nap. I tried my best, I have CPR training that helped, but ultimately my son died, sending me into a depressive tailspin.

After trying to tough it out on my own, I ended up in the hospital. It took six weeks to get my brain chemistry under control, I was prescribed an opioid sedative to help me sleep, over the 10 years I took this medication I became addicted. My doctor decided to slowly wean me off and prescribed a non-addictive antidepressant and suggested I try medical-grade cannabis to help me manage PTSD and get a good night’s sleep. It worked. I sleep like a log now.

The secret to my success was admitting I needed help. The hard part was staying clean and sober. This I have done and continue to do, one day at a time.

No comments: