Healthy Rips Vaporizers

iDevAffiliate

Friday, August 02, 2019

LETTER: Cancer-free thanks to Dr. Hannah

Since I beat colon cancer, I have had a number of MRIs and body scans.
Over the years Dr. Wael C. Hannah, the top thoracic surgeon in the province, noticed a spot in my left lung that was growing. After numerous face-to-face consultations and a few using online software to talk live to the doctor, it was decided to get it out.
Robotic surgery pioneered by the Dr. Hannah was performed. I was patient number 62 for this state-of-the-art procedure.

He explained all the things that could happen, but I was optimistic and was booked into the hospital for four days. That turned into two weeks after my lung got punctured and a chest tube was inserted leading to a pump to ensure my lung didn't collapse.
A few lymph nodes got nicked, causing complications, including an infection that required daily antibiotic doses into an intravenous connection installed in my arm for this purpose.
My decades of smoking and working as a mechanic had taken its toll. My lungs were fragile.
Dr. Hannah was able to excise the two-centimetre cancerous tumour, leaving the rest of my lung intact. I spent another month with daily homecare supplied by St. Joseph's. I call it homecare plus. Every day I had the intravenous bag changed and my chest tube monitored. The nurses were competent and friendly When the chest tube was removed, I was allowed to drive again and a few weeks later the intravenous line was removed.
Now I'm on the mend and cancer-free again, so to Dr. Hannah, thank you for saving my life, allowing me to enjoy retirement in relatively good health.
For this, I am truly grateful.
Hamilton Mountain

No comments: